How to Work Out When You’re Too Depressed




What do you do when your body wants to move but your brain is dragging you down?


At some point in your life, you will experience deep sadness that kills from within. As for my experience, I do get a slight twinge of anxiety and depression every now and then. I’ve been told many times by people to get exercise, and it is one clear way to fire up my mood.


Sure, I know exercising and sweating off your anxieties causes your body to produce happy hormones all too well. In fact, most people suffering from depression knows it, too. And we all hope getting over worries in life is as easy as putting on gym clothes. But the magic doesn’t work that way. You actually have to hit the gym-- not the sack-- with your gym clothes on. Sounds easy, right? But not for the depressed. Here are some depression-busting exercise tips I personally live by, so you might want to give them a try when the low spirits hit high!


Break the entire workout experience into smaller sets


Usually, when I’m depressed, I get overwhelmed too easily. Even the slightest efforts seem insurmountable to me. So what I usually do is break the entire workout down to tiny pieces.


Queue up your favorite inspirational playlist and get out into the nature


Just the view of the nature helps me gain positivity. I just usually blast music to my ears and take a walk at my favorite local park. It helps me warm up, too, so I can get into the mood to workout.


Invite your friends for a workout session


Not only this gives you a chance to be around people (and feel a little less alone), but also motivated to workout with your buddies!


Use TENS and EMS units


I tend to feel more tired when I’m feeling a little down. I find TENS and EMS units helpful every after workout (not only when I’m depressed) because they relieve the body pain and so my mood feels lighter, too. I swear by heating pads! They’re really great when you’re sore from a workout.


So… Are You Still Feeling Down?

Even though your emotions are dragging you down to the deepest and darkest depths of life, don’t ever lose hope-- there are some ways you can conquer it. Just keep going until you find the light at the end of the tunnel!

Comments

Popular Posts